15 February 2009

smoker

Cigarette smoke makes me ill. Gives me allergies to be exact. You know, I think as a child I was on antibiotics for a whole year because of smoke allergies. Thanks to my grandmother and campfires, I was all medicined up month after month. Mmmm...gotta love those antibiotics. Anti-health is more like it.

Oh, anyways, the cigarettes. So I was riding back tonight on the bus from the water park. A young guy got on and sat down near the front. Puff. The smoke filled the air and blew out because of the open windows. I thought the best. He must of gotten on the bus and taken the last puff of his cigarette before getting on. The puff was just what was leftover. Benefit of the doubt, right?

Puff. Another one? That surely meant he had a cigarette in his hand. On the bus. Didn't anyone tell him it was prohibited to smoke in public places? Someone had a cigarette right behind me at the game the other night. Yuck! I kept turning around and coughing, hating the smoke that was being blown my way. Less than a few days and I felt like I was in the same situation again.

I had to think for a moment that in all of six years, I had never run across a situation like this. No one had ever gotten on a bus and smoked. No cigarette smoking bus riders. Not one. I guess for that I can be glad. Right?

Well, anyways, back to the bus tonight. The lady in the seat behind him asked him loudly and clearly to put his cigarette out. No response. Nothing. No words. No look. No nothing. No response. He told the cobradora that he wanted off at the next paradero. No excuse me, I'm sorry. Nothing.

So he got off at the next stop. He didn't look upset. Not ashamed. Nothing. Weird.

No comments: