26 February 2009

meet needs

I find it interesting that so many people are non-committal. I have gotten a lot of suggestions and open invitations from people. But very few have been specific. And even fewer are willing to go the extra mile to reach me.

I say this in the context that people would prefer I go to them. I know, they have kids, they have houses, they have lives.

I say this in the context that I hear a lot of "we should get together" without a date or a time. It never happens.

I say this in the context that it ends up being what is convenient for them.

I also say this in the context that it was nice that yesterday a friend went out out of her way to pick me up, take me grocery shopping, allowed me to cook in her kitchen, and took me to a Kings game.

I also say this in context that is was nice today to be picked up and taken to lunch, back to my friends house to play with her twins and then driven on an errand I had. We talked about how too many people say "whatever you need" and few people actually reach out to meet needs.

So, I say all of this to encourage you to meet needs you see. Don't just offer to meet the need.

No comments: