12 February 2009

peru vs. paraguay

Last night, I went to see the Peru-Paraguay soccer game. It was a friendly game, so to speak, since there was nothing on the line for the win. Does that make players relax and play better or relax and play worse? No one will ever know with the Peru team since the score was essentially the same as always.

I am always amused by Chemo. He is a cool kid. Hands in his pockets the entire game, never yelling, not even really coaching. But I imagine it is all unleashed in the locker room. Are coaches better when they stay quiet on the field and let it loose in the locker room, or is it better to have them yell from the sidelines and get it all out there?

I suppose the same question could be posed of soccer parents. I have seen a few crazies in my day.

No comments: