09 February 2009

more work for me

So there is an interesting difference of things I would like to share. It has to do with service related things. Here I am, trying to cancel all my services - phone, internet, cable, etc and it seems like I have to do a lot of work to get them to cancel and give me a final bill. I have to follow up with phone calls and check to be sure things were accomplished.

Case in point, today I called to ask the cable company what my final bill would be. I have the last month but was under the understanding that they were going to bill me for the first couple of days of February. When I call I learn that the line I asked to be cut on Jan 26th was never done. So the guy tells me that in fact he will have someone cut it but that he cannot give me a final billing amount until it is cut.

So, I call to cancel. They tell me they will. I call to find out the final amount and learn they haven't done what they said they would. What does that mean for me? I have to call again to see if it has been cut, I have to try to get a final bill, and I have to return to the bank to pay whatever that final amount is.

Somehow, more work for me and less for them.

The tricky thing is although I canceled and got a confirmation code, it would not be unusual that they continue to bill me, rack up charges and then later down the road I find out I owe hundreds of dollars. So, the work pays off for me but boy is it frustrating!

I will keep you posted.

No comments: