10 February 2009

as the day dawns

So, last night as I am trying to sleep I was awakened by a visitor. Something had bit me on my arms and back but left me scratching like crazy. I turned the light on trying to figure out what had happened. I saw a mosquito on the wall, but wasn't quick enough to kill it.

I couldn't help but wonder...don't I live in Lima? Isn't it the desert? Why are mosquitos invading my room? I felt like I was back in the jungle. At least in the morning, the itching sting was gone.

But, because I was tense all night I have a horrible crick in my neck/upper back. Not fun. Haven't taken anything except coffee for that but I may need something stronger.

Speaking of coffee, while I was trying to make it this morning I looked down and laying on its back by my (empty) trash can was a 4cm long cockroach. I have been fighting them like mad in my kitchen (thanks to my neighbors!) and didn't see many yesterday. So this mornings find was quite disturbing. It was belly up probably from the poison but rest assured I used my Raid on it as well. Can't be too careful when it comes to giant cockroaches.

Today I need to get more errands done and then people are coming over to buy some things and go out to dinner. That is the funny thing, I put my for sale list out to the world and truthfully feel bothered when the "world" wants to come by to look at my things. Is that strange? I wish garage sales were big here, it would be easier to take everything to the street and sell it there. I think I feel awkward coordinating a time and having strangers visit me. Hmmm...maybe the sale ads were not such a good ides after all?

More later.

No comments: