26 February 2009

reoccurring dream

I seem to keep having the same dreams, or dreams about similar topics. It seems to always have to do with packing myself up to move. Sometimes I am with all Peruvians, last night it was a gringa friend who was with me, helping me. Often I am racing to get things done in order to get to the airport on time.

Seems like last nights dream was a bit different. I was packing up the final things with my friend at the ministry office, merely for the additional space. My ministry partner was trying to enter the building by the front door, because he did not have a key. (The ministry office was actually my personal apartment.) He and several girls he had with him tried to find a way in through the door or through the windows. I wanted to head out the back but was just not quick enough. I think he had seen my friend inside.

He and his group went around to the side of the place where there was an open window with a wooden frame and a long curtain to cover it. The curtain was blowing in the wind. He prepared to go through the open window and I kind of popped up, visible to them all. He stopped what he was trying to do and backed off.

Somehow when we were finished packing things up, we were exiting. He felt it was his right to stand at the door and await our exit. My bags were still inside and would be going to the airport with me later on. He demanded the key to the door which my friend gave him and we left.

Later on, it occurred to me that the key my friend had given him was the only one. My bags were now locked inside the room and I would not be able to get my things out in time to head to the airport.

Then I woke up.

Seems like every night for the past several I have a similar dream, with different details. It is sort of exhausting. I am already here and really don't desire to relive those last moments.

No comments: