26 February 2009

size vs skill

So I couldn't help but wonder last night as I watched these giants take the court, is their success based on size or skill? They fit into the basketball stereotype simply because they are tall. But does one have to play really well or do they just have to be really tall?

Made me think about many football players that are really just big. Again, I am not even sure they have much skill, I just see that they are big. Size vs skill?

After watching soccer for so long, I am always impressed by the skills that soccer players possess. The fancy footwork always dazzles me well. I suppose they are the shorter of the bunch of sports players.

I really don't know much about sports playing, but I was just curious...do people choose what kind of sport to enter based on size or skill?

No comments: