09 October 2006

Growing Weary

We must not grow weary in doing good. Paul tells us that in Thessalonians. That for me is an encouragement. I should not grow weary in doing good. Or in other words be encouraged or be strong in doing good. Or in other words do not grow weary in not doing evil or maybe even in taking a stand against evil. Weary...being tired. And Jesus tells us those who are weary must come unto Him and their souls will be refreshed.
What a relief...I am told that I should not grow weary in doing what Jesus has asked of me. But when I do, I already have His provision that if I run to Him, He will refresh me...will refresh my soul. I may not even feel refreshed physically, but my soul will be. Praise God that He does not want me to be weary and has provision for me once I do get to that point.
May the weariness of doing good not overtake me...may my doing good overcome my weariness.

2 comments:

Terpstra Family said...

Hi!
You said on our blog "See you in 2007"...so when are you coming?! We miss you and can't wait to see you! Please come stay with us for a few days if you can :) I know Brooke and Eileen and of course Lance would love to see you too! Thanks for putting our post on your site :) I checked out some of your other links and it was great to hear about old friends we don't see/hear from :) Take care, get some rest, and continue to get healthy! LOL, Sara

Gretchen Noelle said...

Sara! I will be in the states in May/June of 2007. I am not yet sure of the exact dates, but boy am I already excited! I am not sure of my plans or schedules but it is very likely I will be spending a bit more time in the Bay Area with my family on this trip. I appreciate your invite, once I am there, I often feel out of sorts so it is nice to already start making plans!!!