13 October 2006

Friends, Feedback and Naps?

You know, you have to recognize when those little things happen that just make you feel good. Especially when days are long, moods are blah and your food doesn't have much flavor - you need to see the good in those days.

Today I have a few things to be thankful for and I do not want to forget them.

1. I am thankful for friends who listen, even when I don't know what to say. As I try to explain what I am thinking and feeling, words cannot really describe what I would say if I could. When someone takes the time to listen even when that which is heard remains incoherent, you know they are a friend. I was privileged today to have such a friend just listen to my ramblings and encourage me in the nonsense.

2. I am thankful for feedback. Almost daily I am teaching about the life of Jesus. Today, I shared about having faith like the centurion. I have always been impressed by his faith, I suppose I was impressed because Jesus himself was impressed. I never want to be caught up in the trap of teaching with the expectation of receiving comments, commendations and kudos. But, when you finished teaching and someone immediately tells you that God used the message to speak to their heart, you cannot help but be encouraged.

3. I am thankful for naps. I don't often take them but relish the moments when I do. I had just gotten off the phone with a friend and really had little energy to attack any of the tasks that lay before me. Instead of trying to motivate myself to start moving, I curled up into a ball, placed my head on a pillow and turned the volume down on the TV. Suddenly, 2 hours had passed by and I couldn't help but smile! There have been seasons in my life that I took naps regularly but letely they have been far and few between. So, when I have the chance I allow the day to pass into dusk while I visit dreamland.

May you find things to be thankfully for today too!

No comments: