03 March 2009

hidden?

Colossians 3:3 speaks of my life being hidden with Christ. The idea of my life being hidden while I can clearly see myself here on earth is a tad confusing. In trying to wrap my mind around what Paul was trying to say, I have come to some sort of idea.

1. We recognize that we have been crucified with Christ (gal 2:20) and subsequently raised up with Christ (col 3:1).

2. Hidden with Christ in God? (col 3:3)

3. We know that Christ will come again, He will be revealed (col 3:4).

4. We have hope that we will be revealed with Him in glory (col 3:4).

But, it is that #2, the step between having been crucified and raised up with Christ and Him coming again that we are presently in. If we are presently in that state of being, shouldn't we try to understand it a bit better?

What does it mean to be hidden with Christ in God?

No comments: